HAMMER update - 12/31/2007

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 1 14:40:19 PST 2008

:Just had to try it myself. This is way cool! Works as advertised - including
:the occasional crashes :-)
:
:Johannes

    Heh.  Yah, I got too fancy trying to use the buffer cache and I'll
    probably have to rewrite that bit completely.  It also deadlocks fairly
    easily and the kernel sometimes cleans out a buffer without telling
    HAMMER.

    It's going to stay that way for a few days at least, I need to work on
    the userland utilities, the spike code, and the on-the-fly recovery
    code before I can revisit the buffer cache implementation.

					<dillon at backplane.com>