Support for Broadcom 5906M fast ethernet chip

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 05:45:14 PST 2008

On Jan 1, 2008 8:51 PM, Petr Janda <elekktretterr at exemail.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Sephe,
> FreeBSD recently added support for 5906M.

I reviewed that patch sometime ago; I think it works for the guy that
submitted it.  But you have a different problem than adding 5906
support to bge(4).  The PCIe bridge before your NIC seems to be
problematic, i.e. it does not forward any IO memory requests by
default, while when we open its IO memory window manually, your system
crashes :(  Have you taken a look at your BIOS whether there is some
kinds of pnp os option?  I think the assigning IO memory window things
should be done by BIOS instead of by OS.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die