HAMMER update 06-Feb-2008

Bill Hacker wbh at conducive.org
Sun Feb 10 00:42:45 PST 2008

Petr Janda wrote:
Make this a 1.12, because HAMMER is only in an alpha state. Then when HAMMER
is production ready release, change the numbering scheme altogether. The
roman numerals for example are nice, and would attract attention. DragonFly
XIII sure looks good, and the june release DragonFly XIV. Maybe dump the
odd-even numbering altogether.

Petr
Whatever else is decided, as one saddled with a roman numeral surname
suffix these past 63 years, I'm dead-set against those!

Give a thought to my numerous Irish friends, who casually drop
'aitches', and what happens to 'William B Hacker III'.

;-)

- and fast forward with 'X' = [unknown | mystery], and find

XIII == 'DragonFlyBSD's [unknown | mysterious] turd release'

There's gotta be a better way?

Bill