dma user config

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Sun Feb 3 14:03:45 PST 2008

Matthew Dillon wrote:
:yes, but smarthosts usually have a user/password associated, to prevent=20
:the world from relaying through the box.  but it doesn't make sense to=20
:have different user/passwords for each sending user, no?  Actually I'm no=
:t=20
:sure how such a config would look like.  A multi user system might want t=
:o=20
:use a real mailer then, I guess.
:
:cheers
:   simon
    Smarthosts do not usually have user/password authentication.  Instead
    they are typically either MX based or explicitly allow 'relay'
    connections for particular domains or IP ranges.
all of the smarthosts I use are authenticated.  that's because users are
behind dialup and thus don't have a fixed IP address.

i think we shouldn't get carried away.  if it doesn't work with dma, you
can still install a traditional MTA.

cheers
  simon