Branching update - a few more hours

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Feb 11 16:17:00 PST 2008

    I have to go through a nrelease build, generate a CD, and test it
    before I do the branch, so it will be another few hours probably.

    I rebuilt all the binary packages and rebuilt the bootstrap and I
    need to test it.

    Yah, its only the branching, not the release, but I don't want to
    have to commit this stuff to two branches :-)

    I will also add a README file describing how to build the bootstrap
    and packages, though I will note that nobody will generally want to
    do that because it involves completely wiping a machine's packages.