Future of the netgraph in DragonFly?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Dec 9 23:53:01 PST 2008

:Btw, the patch I sent is making use of an api proposed by Aggelos here
:[1] (for lock_sleep()).  But it never got committed.
:
:Aggelos, are you going to throw it in anytime?
:
:Thanks,
:Nuno
:
:[1] http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/submit/2008-02/msg00018.html

    I would like to these bits gotten into the tree, before Christmas if
    possible.  Even if it isn't complete yet if it is in there with a
    kernel config-time option to use netgraph7 vs the old netgraph, that
    would be good progress.

    While some people really don't like the netgraph infrastructure it is
    really our only choice at the moment for a number of subsystems.  We
    don't have the developers to do native ports for all those protocols.
    That's why I pulled that stuff in.

					<dillon at backplane.com>