Summer of Code accepted proposals

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Apr 21 20:07:07 PDT 2008

Google listed the accepted proposals today!

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/dragonfly/about.html

For accepted students (and mentors):
We are now in the Community Bonding Period.  This is where students get
involved with DragonFly.  Get on kernel@, get on #dragonflybsd on EFnet,
start talking about projects.

Google has more about this time period:
http://googlesummerofcode.blogspot.com/2007/04/so-what-is-this-community-bonding-all.html

This is the time to ask questions about tools and styles, features and
ideas, and so on.

For students who didn't make the cut:
We'd still like to see your work.  We had a number of original proposals;
the hard limit was the number of mentors.  Patches and conversations with
students who aren't in GSoC at this point is welcome.

Here's the list of what made it in.  The proposals are available at the
Google SoC website page linked above.

Port DragonFly to the AMD64 architecture
by Jordan Gordeev, mentored by Thomas Edward Spanjaard

Extend Multi-Processing (MP) support
by Robert Luciani, mentored by Simon Schubert

Proportional Share userland Scheduling Algorithm
by Mayur Narayan Bhosle, mentored by Jeffrey Hsu

Anticipatory Disk I/O Scheduler for DragonFlyBSD
by Nirmal Thacker, mentored by Simon Schubert

DragonFlyBSD ? LiveCD with a DragonFly-specific X desktop, integrated into
nrelease build
by Louisa Luciani, mentored by Sascha Wildner

Enhance dma(8)
by Max Lindner, mentored by Matthias Schmidt

RFC3542 support on DragonFly BSD
by Dashu Huang, mentored by Hasso Tepper