BGL-free net stack

Aggelos Economopoulos aoiko at cc.ece.ntua.gr
Tue Apr 15 16:36:42 PDT 2008

Hello all,

for my diploma thesis, I've arranged to work on getting the DragonFlyBSD
network stack[*] to run without the BGL. Now, it would be great if the
code changes would become part of the project. So, my plan is to study
the net code over easter vacation (it's been a long while since I last looked
at it and I've never been a network guy in any case) and then post a
preliminary roadmap on kernel at . At that point, everyone can give an opinion
before any code gets written.

Needless to say, I'm interested in any insight from the network guys and any
references to past discussions (perhaps my searches have missed an important
thread). You needn't refer me to stuff that's on the website.

TIA,
Aggelos

[*] At least, most of the paths that matter.