[Fwd: pkgsrc DragonFly 1.10.1/i386 2007-09-12 00:59]

Kevin L. Kane kevin.kane at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:51:34 PDT 2007

> Because the layout of many mirrors is not the same, so we can't specify
> one url to match them all...

hmm good point, perhaps we ask nicely to get a few good mirrors that
conform to the same layout or even put out a request to the community
to provide mirrors in a layout consistent enough to do something like
this, it would surely make using dfly ALOT nicer.

Even with a url rewrite(as opposed to dns fix) if each mirror uses a
different layout now you have to maintain how to rewrite the url in
this script for each mirror, sounds like a pain to me.
--
Kevin L. Kane
kevin.kane at gmail.com