progress report -> nata + APIC = no disks found

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Oct 26 20:55:48 PDT 2007

:...
:
:The new thing that's broken on this laptop is acpi. In UP I need to disable it to get all the
:devices working (ichsmb0 and pccb can't map interrupts when acpi was enabled).
:
:So the next thing I'll try to do is backport new acpi support from FreeBSD. Yeesh.  I'm not
:convinced this will fix APIC + nata, but it'll keep me busy for a while. ;)
:
:Anyone have some ideas about why APIC + nata might be broken?
:
:Cheers,
:
:--Andrew

    Typically breakages with our old ACPI are due to our lack of support
    for ACPI's interrupt routing.  Any work done in this regard can only
    be good.

					<dillon at backplane.com>