Bluetooth stack

Hasso Tepper hasso at estpak.ee
Thu Nov 29 11:28:13 PST 2007

Dmitry Komissaroff wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I finished to polish Bluetooth stack and want to some one to look at it.
> Stack lay at this url: http://griffinslair.by.ru/bt_to_check.tar.bz2

As I promised, I'll take care of it and it will be my focus to commit it
before next stable release.

> Archive include diff against 1.10.1-RELEASE kernel, which add stack
> itself, ubt driver to communicate with Bluetooth usb device and bthub
> pseudo-device, which at this moment serve as stub.
> Also archive include some utils and libs.
>
> What I can reach:
> 1. stack and driver compiling and loading! :)
> 2. rfcomm work. So, ppp can work with cellphone.
> 3. obex file transfer work. But it need patched openobex and obexftp, and
>    it working to one way only (from comp to cellphone for example).

Details, please? Why patching is necessary etc.

> Problems:
> 1. sdpd not functional as must. I don't know why, but device (cellphone in
>    my case) not see any registered services.

Sdpd got some significant fixes during last weeks in NetBSD repository
regarding ServiceSearchAttribute and ServiceSearch request handling. Did
you looked at these?

> 2. Never, never physically dettach bt-device, when it up. It cause panic.

This needs to be fixed of course, but isn't very critical. For some reason
there is many bugs like this :(.

> 3. On same machines (with ohci mostly, uhci work more stable) ubt may hang.

Our USB stack isn't best either :(.

> 4. bthcid use libPropList. I don't know any lib, which included in system
>    and has some functionality. If some one can pointer me to another, it
>    will be great.

I'd recommend looking at bthcid code before introducing dependency of
proplib and/or hcsecd in FreeBSD. AFAIK the only functionality you will
loose with direct port of old bthcid, is the ability to match local
addresses. Not critical IMHO.

There is option of course to bring in proplib(3) from NetBSD of course,
but I'd rather avoid it at least for now. One daemon using it isn't enough
IMHO :). Or is there someone interested in it?

> TODO (at least):
> 1. manpage for netbt, ubt and bthub.

No problem.

> 2. fix responses of sdpd.
> 3. btsco driver for emulate hadsfree device. (I'm working at it now)

Nice. It might be hard though, full duplex audio doesn't work with our
uaudio(4) either AFAIK.

> 4. bthid driver for BT HID devices. (Hasso, where you? :)

I'm here, but a little bit busy with personal life. And as it's hard real
time task, it's impossible to preempt this ;(. I can't make promises
whether I get HID devices working for next release, but I'll work on this.

> Thanks for attention and sorry for my poorly english. :)

No problem, I think that we all have seen worse ;).

Thank you very much for your work.

--
Hasso