PPP/PPPoE users?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 21 22:50:49 PDT 2007

:At first I thought it was something in the network code, too, but after
:removing netgraph modules from the kernel and using kernel modules,
:it works!  The following is what I have in the config file which works
:for 1.4 but not for 1.8 or HEAD:
:options         NETGRAPH
:options         NETGRAPH_BPF
:options         NETGRAPH_ETHER
:options         NETGRAPH_IFACE
:options         NETGRAPH_KSOCKET
:options         NETGRAPH_PPP
:options         NETGRAPH_PPPOE
:options         NETGRAPH_PPTPGRE
:options         NETGRAPH_SOCKET
:options         NETGRAPH_TTY
:options         NETGRAPH_VJC
:
:On 1.8 or HEAD, it doesn't work either when I compiled these in the kernel
:AND load the rest of netgraph modules via kldload.  So I guess this is
:either something is not available when netgraph modules are loaded,
:or the order in which modules are loaded.
:
:Cheers.

    SMP or UP kernel?  If SMP, try a UP 1.8 or HEAD kernel and see if it
    works with some of them in the kernel and others loaded dynamically.

    I'll take a quick look on tuesday but netgraph is a big black hole to
    me so if anyone else wants to help track it down, be my guest!

					<dillon at backplane.com>