FIXING VN AND CCD DEVICES ON HEAD! Re: HEADS up on HEAD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 21 07:56:22 PDT 2007

:
:dd is a bootstrap tool, so we shouldn't remove <sys/disklabel.h>
:or buildworld fails on a pre-disklabel-untanglement system.
:(http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/commits/2007-05/msg00178.html)
:
:Does it compile if you add
:  #include <sys/disklabel.h>
:to somewhere near
:  #include <sys/diskslice.h>
:?
:
:Cheers.

    Bleh.  I'll run a full compile of HEAD on 1.8.  I was scratching my
    head as to why dd even needs those headers, but apparently it tries
    to write-enable the label area for block devices.  Kinda makes me wonder
    what the point of having a write-protected label area is in the first
    place if the only program one is likely to use to mess around with it
    just unconditionally write-enables the area!

					<dillon at backplane.com>