Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Sun Jun 3 01:35:45 PDT 2007

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:31:57 -0700 (PDT)
Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :	OK updated and tried nata on my A8V based box with two opticals
> and :a SATA hard disk - I got a boot time trap (output and trace with
> arguments :elided below - if the trace arguments would help I can
> probably do it again :and type them up):
> :
> :kbd0 at atkbd0
> :kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

>     This is cockpit trouble somewhere, but I don't know where.  Also try

	Indeed it was cockpit error - sorry for the noise. I'm not sure
exactly what screwed up but it looks like having a make.conf setting for
KERNCONF with a list of kernel definitions and running

	make kernel KERNCONF=...

don't mix well. Adding my NATA config to my list of kernels produced a
kernel that works with NATA except that the CD devices are not recognised
and show up as not configured. The hard disc is correctly recognised as
SATA 150 and I see no sign of the corruption problems being discussed
elsethread.