Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 19:16:45 PDT 2007

On 6/2/07, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa at gmail.com> wrote:
On 6/2/07, Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>     I still want all the dmesg output for both NATA and ATA boots (well,
>     at least the atapci, ata, and ad lines).  I am interested not only in
>     the controller it detects, but also the DMA mode it detects and whether
>     it detects an old style cable or not.
>
>     Go into your BIOS SETUP and force the DMA mode to UDMA33 (UDMA mode 2),
>     and see if you still get core dumps and such when you boot with NATA.
>     (but I need to know the dmesg output without the BIOS DMA setting forced
>     down, so extract the dmesg lines first).
atapci0: <Intel ICH3 UDMA100 controller> port
0xbfa0-0xbfaf,0x376,0x170-0x177,0x3f6,0x1f0-0x1f7 at device 31.1 on
pci0
ata0: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
ad0: 76319MB <Hitachi HTS541280H9AT00 HP3OA23C> at ata0-master UDMA100
ata1: <ATA channel 1> on atapci0
Looks like NATA's atapci0 uses different IO ports from the old ATA's
If I commented out PCI_MAP_FIXUP, NATA's atacpi0 will use same IO port
as old ATA.  But I got "init: fatal signal: Segmentation fault"
Best Regards,
sephe
--
Live Free or Die