Decision time.... should NATA become the default for this release?

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Jun 4 12:31:21 PDT 2007

On Mon, June 4, 2007 12:49 am, Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     With this release the decks should be clear to get the new
>     filesystem done for the end-of-year release (2.2).  It and perhaps
>     some more of the clustering code will literally be the only things
>     I will be working on for the end-of-year 2.2 release cycle.  The
>     new filesystem is A#1 on my priority list after this release.

Matt - how firm are you on calling the next release 2.0?  A major version
number increment usually has a major change with it, and the new
filesystem would make sense to match that.

We'll get increased attention by going to a 2.0 release, just by virtue of
the number, and I'd like to take advantage of that by being able to talk
up a new filesystem (and whatever other achievements we have at that
point).