ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Jul 22 11:58:35 PDT 2007
I have just updated a dual-core Opteron machine to DragonFly-1.9 to play
with the new SMP-improved virtual kernels.
First, I tried to map the virtual CPUs to the real ones and failed:
. /kernel.debug -m 128m -r /var/vkernel/rootimg.01 -I auto:bridge0 -n 2 -l map
Bad target CPU number at '0ï¿½&(Pï¿½&(ï¿½ï¿½&(pï¿½&(ï¿½C$(ï¿½[$]$((]$(ï¿½_$(ï¿½b$(ï¿½c$(ï¿½ï¿½$(ï¿½$(!ï¿½$(.x$(ï¿½x$(ï¿½B$('
The second issue is a minor one.
Virtual kernel options: -I auto:bridge0 -n 2 -l any
top capture on a virtual machine :
load averages: 0.94, 0.26, 0.09 up 0+00:03:36 17:53:57
10 processes: 10 running
CPU0 states: 0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 100% system, 0.0% interrupt, 0.0% idle
CPU1 states: 0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 9.7% system, 0.0% interrupt, 90.3% idle
The first CPU is almost always shown with a 100% system time.
This is also true with a UP vkernel.
More information about the Kernel