VKernel progress update - 11 Jan 2007

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 11 23:38:26 PST 2007

:Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     * Make gdb work properly with the new register frame.
:
:ah!  so it is not my fault?  I already wondered if I broke my gdb :)  I'm checking this out right now.
:
:cheers
:  simon

    No, I broke it.  I changed the register frame that is used *everywhere*.
    I'm really amazed that I didn't break more things (but it does mean that
    the more complex packages will probably have to be rebuilt).  The
    number of hacks we had to get around the missing fields in the register
    frame (%gs and the hardware error code on a page fault) were just
    getting too much for my sensibilities.  Handling %gs, in particular,
    was getting really messy.

    Be sure to catch the second commit I just made a moment ago.  Then gdb
    should be happy again.