FYI port of CARP as a student project

Scott Ullrich geekgod at geekgod.com
Thu Jan 11 13:24:34 PST 2007

Max N. Herrgaard wrote:
Hello,

In our last year of studies, we've got to choose a project on which we
will work one entire month and we've chosen to port CARP to DragonFly
because it brings together network protocol and programming. And that
will make a great experience for a real project.
So this project will start and end in February and 3 persons will work
on it.
I hope that doesn't bother anyone.

Regards,

 jonthn

Great choice! I'm looking forward to test it. I hope you learn a lot
on the way :-)
This is one of the stumbling blocks of getting pfSense ported over to
DragonFly.  Glad to hear that you are taking this work on.  I will also
be happy to test when you have patches ready.

Scott