Initial filesystem design synopsis - indexing

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Mon Feb 26 10:12:30 PST 2007

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    My intention is to use a radix of either 8 or 16, depending on how the
Order ;). Do you intend to allocate the leaf nodes right after eachother
as well, to take the most advantage of the linked list behavour
(assuming the trees grow large)?

    are basically I/O bound entities.  I had very good luck using this
    sort of structure in the Backplane Database so I am fairly confident
    that it will scale even unto directories with millions of files in
    them.
Yeah, B+ trees are a proven technology for indexes on slow media.

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard
        tgen at netphreax.net