Google is Hiring

Matt Emmerton matt at gsicomp.on.ca
Sat Feb 10 18:07:13 PST 2007

> On Friday 09 February 2007 02:25 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     A Google recruiter approached me and while I am not looking for a
> >     job, perhaps some of you are.
> >
> >     Here is an excerpt:
>
> I've received three of these from three different people, just slightly
> different from each other. Still haven't been able to confirm whether
> these are legit or just well-crafted spam/phishing messages. Can't find
> anything about the names in the messages.

I've received three of these from the same recruiter; two a few months ago
(once to my personal email, and one to root@).  I rejected them right there
because of their recruiter's lack of ability to realize that sending
personal mail to root@ is just a no-no.  (And technical jobs need
technically-minded HR folks, which Google's lack of has been lamented in
another thread.)

Regards,
--
Matt Emmerton