Google is Hiring

Bill Huey (hui) billh at gnuppy.monkey.org
Fri Feb 9 17:49:55 PST 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 11:59:56AM +1100, Dmitri Nikulin wrote:
> That sounds familiar. http://voodoo.bawue.com/blogs/?p=104 is the
> story of a FreeBSD committer who was similarly screwed by the
> interview process, though it's written in Russian, and I'm too lazy to
> translate. Maybe Google's service can translate that. Ha.

This is typical of them. They are a very arrogant company and have
produced little relative to their "talk" regarding web apps what ever.
I've done enough interesting and difficult projects that I know who
and what I am. There are a lot of smart people out there that their
interview techniques will just filter them out because they ultimately
want conformity instead of actually getting good people that can get
work done.

I believe that quite a few BSD/OS-BSDi engineers I know would have
failed their interview process which is ridiculous since they pretty
much invented computer science as we know it. This on top of the fact
that they are super nice and one of the best engineering staffs I've
worked with in my career.

A lot companies in the bay area are like that and they are full of
themselves. I'll give you a list privately if you want.

This is going to hurt them if it hasn't already. NetApp BTW is hiring
like mad, tell your technically competent friends. :)

bill