vkernel.conf ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Aug 7 12:26:11 PDT 2007

:Alright alright.. no tcap..
:The main thing is avoiding writing some new parser .. so:
:
:Are there any in-tree examples of a
:':' or '[]' "label config" parser?
:
:Can't think of any offhand..
:
:The only similar thing I can think of is ppp.conf,
:and that's not exactly what is being discussed here format-wise
:but perhaps another 'valid' option..
:
:Despite my python-foo I'm not a fan of the indentation requirement,
:but it's not too limiting.
:
:also:
:
:any thoughts on the /etc/vkernels/sysname propsal?
:
:- Chris

     The samba config files use the [] format, it seems to work fine
     for them so that's what I would use.

     I don't like the /etc/vkernels/sysname idea.  It's better to just
     keep it simple and straightforward and have a single configuration
     file but also a command line option to allow the path for the
     configuration file to be set for people running more sophisticated
     setups.