1.10.0 release RC1 test ISO is up

Adrian Michael Nida nida at musc.edu
Fri Aug 3 06:00:34 PDT 2007

<Snip/>
:
:     I didn't see any issues when I did a fresh install from the
: ISO. I'd rather not mess around with the packages any more, I
: really shouldn't have updated the last set, it took way way too
: long to get things working.
:
:     Is your install failing completely or is just a warning and bmake
: is still there ?
:
: 						-Matt
:

The install worked fine, it's the configuration part that generated the
error.  I was able to download the pkgsrc tree manually (well, I really
scp'ed it over from my old box).  When I went to install the first app
(screen), it died on an error about not having the correct digest.  It told
me what to do to correct things `cd /usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/digest && bmake
install clean`.  Since then, things have been pretty simple.

Also, you can still issue `passwd` at the prompt to change your password
after the fact.  That seems to accept the special characters without issue.

Thanks,

Adrian