1.10.0 release RC1 test ISO is up

Adrian Michael Nida nida at musc.edu
Thu Aug 2 18:40:36 PDT 2007

Matt,

Thanks for releasing this for testing.  While the new installer does use the
correct path, it's now generating another error (code # 2) when installing
packages.  The log says:
,-<<< Executing '/usr/pkg/sbin/pkg_create -b bmake-20051105nb3
/mnt/tmp/bmake-2005105nb3.tgz'
| pkg_create: required package comment string is missing (-c comment)
`->>> Exit status: 2
Line 147 of installer/src/lib/libinstaller/package.c (from the
bsdinstaller cvs
tree) seems to be the one that needs correcting.  However, the others in that
file should probably receive an inspection as well.

It's also still telling me that passwords can't possess special
characters.  The
filter is on line 107 of installer/src/backend/installer/fn_configure.c.  I
posted a patch for this a few weeks back, but my home machines are in somewhat
of a transition at the moment.  If it's needed, I can repost.

Thanks again and Good luck,

Adrian

Quoting Matthew Dillon <dillon at apollo.backplane.com>:
    I've put a release candidate ISO up on crater:

    fetch ftp://ftp.dragonflybsd.org/iso-images/dfly-1.10.0_RC1.iso.gz

    MD5 (dfly-1.10.0_RC1.iso.gz) = 7707169cf77047cfefe3993ac9e88d74
    MD5 (dfly-1.10.0_RC1.iso) = 8e1e9647c131fc7c786cd205f06d0bff
    Note that booting from a USB hard drive with EHCI still doesn't work,
    and won't for this release.
    The only issue I saw with the installer is that it wanted to install
    bootblocks on the CD device by default in addition to installing them
    on the hard drive :-)
    Unless something big comes up by the weekend this will become the
    official release.