update of sound infrastructure

Petr Janda elekktretterr at exemail.com.au
Wed Oct 18 06:45:42 PDT 2006

I figured I must have forgot the -p0 so i patched again and get this
instead.

. ./../dev/sound/pcm/channel.c:28:21: opt_isa.h: No such file or directory
mkdep: compile failed
*** Error code 1

Petr Janda wrote:
I get this while trying to compile it:

/usr/src/sys/compile/EVELIN/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/driver/ad1816
created for /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/driver/ad1816
===> dev/sound/driver/atiixp
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/sys/dev/sound/driver/atiixp

Petr

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
hey,

I tried updating our sound infrastructure to freebsd-6's one and I
included the new HDA driver as well.  Please test it, available at
<http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/unsorted/sound-update.diff>
(cd /sys; patch -p0 < sound-update.diff).  It would be nice if we
could get it in for the next release.

caveats:

1. modules don't load dependencies:  you have to kldload sound.ko
manually
2. xmms acts weird (plays fine, but the UI laggs 5-10 seconds)

please try an report back if it works or not.

note:  you don't have to run buildworld, buildkernel is sufficient.
actually rebuilding dev/sound modules is sufficient.

cheers
 simon