linuxulator?

Alexander Leidinger Alexander+News at Leidinger.net
Sun Nov 26 05:11:41 PST 2006

Quoting "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> (Sat, 25 Nov 2006 14:15:05 +0100):

> >> not from our side.  freebsd and netbsd have updated their code.  somebody would have to port it over.
> > Don't do that yet. We are not at a point where it is really usable. But
> > feel free to port some bugfixes for the 2.4.2 compatibility (very
> > important ones are MFCed to -stable).
>
> do you need some help?  maybe somebody would like to give a hand (i'm not volunteering).

My original reply didn't made it to the list (I'm not subscribed to the
mailinglist, I use the news gateway, so a direct answer to the
mailinglist was blocked): Any help is appreciated (testing, analyzing,
providing patches, ...). An interested person should just head over to
the wiki and the emulation at xxxxxxxxxxx mailinglist.

> > At http://wiki.freebsd.org/linux-kernel you can find a description of
> > how to use the linux test project testsuite (very easy) and you can see
> > which bugs we already fixed.
>
> thanks for the hint.  anybody wanna check this?

Note that there are differences between FreeBSD-stable,
FreeBSD-current, and the code we have in perforce for -current.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.