HEADS UP - More major build infrastructure changes

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Nov 6 22:41:25 PST 2006

    Ok, it looks like GCC doesn't care what the platform name is.   For
    the moment I am going to leave it as pc32 and commit what I have.  But
    the platform name can be changed easily if we can come up with a
    better name that does not create confusion between the platform and
    cpu architectures.

    For people following HEAD note that this will require some minor changes
    to your kernel config.  Kernel configurations will now require both a
    'machine' directive and also a 'machine_arch' directive.  See
    /usr/src/sys/config/GENERIC for more info after I get the commit in.

    I haven't tested this with packages yet, so there could be some hicups
    over the next few days.  I am also doing a LOT of CVS surgery to move
    these files around.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>