Unable to buildworld

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Fri May 12 15:31:34 PDT 2006

Robin P. Blanchard wrote:
> Been stuck here for a few weeks now. Blew away my source tree and repulled it
> down. No effect. Ideas ?
[...]
> gcc/system.h:214:20: /usr/obj/usr/src/world_i386/usr/include/fcntl.h: File
> name too long...

This kind of strange error makes me think about file corruption.

Which mirror are you pulling your sources from, and what utility
are you using to download them?

I would try comparing a few of your source files with the ones
you find here, and see if they really are the same or not:
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/cvsweb

I've had trouble occasionally with some of the mirrors munging
files, so don't dismiss the idea without really checking first.