User-Space Device Drivers

wgrim at siue.edu wgrim at siue.edu
Sat Mar 25 21:46:46 PST 2006

Hello, everyone.

I don't have the previous news list item handy, but creating a
user-space extension of the VFS is not what I had in mind.  I just
thought I'd send the list a friendly message that I won't be doing that,
since it's not the aim of my thesis.

Actually, I'm still stuck between implementing my thesis on DragonFly
and GNU Hurd-L4 or Coyotos.  Right now I'm leaning towards Coyotos since
it's an ongoing academic project from the same person that implemented
the successful EROS project.

I think what DFly is doing is good.  I just don't think it exactly
aligns with my own goals right now.

You may hear back from me if I do start implementing on DFly, but I'm
not sure right now.  I just thought you all should get an insight about
my current plan.

Thanks!

--
William Michael Grim
Master's Student, Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville