code bounties for DragonFly ?

Maslan maslanbsd at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:05:14 PST 2006

On 1/27/06, Justin C. Sherrill <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, January 27, 2006 2:06 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>
> >     Any and all pkgsrc help (and any help in general) is extremely
> >     valuable to the project.  If all we did was push towards clustered
> >     computing, everything else that makes an operating system useful
> >     would become stale.  Say, oh, like applications!   Then we'd have
> >     a clustered OS with no apps!
>
> I recall someone (Matt, maybe) saying that each open source project needs
> the "oxygen" of surrounding projects.  We already have more than competent
> C coders working; what we need are all the other services and material
> that grows up around a project, like what's happened with Linux.
>
> In no particular order:
>
> - Equivalent to FreshPorts/pkgsrc.se
> - Live CD
> - Web-based forums (I know this was discussed recently)
> - Vendors (re) selling CDs
> - Books
> - shirts, stickers, ephemera
> - News sites for DragonFly (I'm trying to cover this one)
> - game sites for DragonFly
> - etc.
>
> A lot of these things require little or no programming experience.  Heck,
> take any of the Linux-branded or associated sites out there, and use
> DragonFly instead as the focus point.

Hi,
i just wanted to tell my OWN opinion.
This opinion shouldn't start a flame ware ;-)
i just don't see any purpose for these stuff (forums, ...) at least
for now and we shouldn't compare any bsd with linux since linux is
more dedicated for users while i think bsd is more for developers and
system/network administrators an exception is  freebsd which follows a
path like that linux follows.
Sorry it's just my personal opinion.

Maslan,

--
I'm Searching For Perfection,
So Even If U Need Portability U've To Use Assembly ;-)