code bounties for DragonFly ?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 26 11:39:22 PST 2006

:Development has been somewhat slow, but I think that's in part because we
:went too long between releases, and some of the more interesting features
:are on hold until the subsystems are done.  (Live CD with a desktop is
:dependent on compressed filesystems and pkgsrc, neither of which is
:complete, for instance.)

    I think its just the fact that we are a small project.  Things always
    take longer then one thinks they will.  I thought I'd be able to get the
    parallel routing code in in a week but it's taking a lot longer then
    that.  I have a whole list of things that I know have to be done to
    achieve the infrastructure required to form the basis for clustered
    computing.

    What we really need are more coders who can follow through with large
    pieces of new work to complement the many excellent coders we now have
    who are great at refining and rounding out existing work.

    On the otherhand, I've seen phenominal progress in our tight nit group.
    I can think of a dozen people right off the top of my head who are much
    better coders and communicators now then they were a year ago.  That is
    just as important to me as project progress is.  And, frankly, we
    have made a huge amount of progress, even if it doesn't always seem that
    way due to its mostly under-the-hood nature.  I believe we are about
    half way to our goal of clustered computing.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>