snd_pcm seperate vchan pcm volume mixing

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 20 00:54:21 PST 2006

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 14:57:16 +0100
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
> > hey,
> >
> > attached patch lets (when using vchans) applications change their own
> > vchan volume instead of changing the master pcm.
> >
> > opinions?

Hehehe... Ariff and I talked about something like this just one or two
weeks ago. :-)

I didn't read your patch, but your description sounds as if an
application can only change the volume of the vchan then. Right (no
generic mixer API to change whatever vchan the user wants)?

Did you looked at the "nearly version 4" of OSS? They have an extended
API which - according to an answer of dev at 4front in the Windows Vista
sound-system forum - can do something like changing whatever channel
you want (at least I interpreted the answer like this).

> > patch is for dragonfly, but maybe it's of use for freebsd as well (thus
> > cc'ed)

Did you ported some of the recent changes to DFly? Anything else we
could get from DFly (some PCI ID's we're missing or whatever)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
            The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.
WL http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/registry/1FZ4DTHQE9PQ8/ref=wl_em_to/