snd_pcm seperate vchan pcm volume mixing

Alexander Leidinger netchild at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jan 20 00:54:21 PST 2006

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode at xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alexander Leidinger wrote:

Did you looked at the "nearly version 4" of OSS? They have an extended
API which - according to an answer of dev at 4front in the Windows Vista
sound-system forum - can do something like changing whatever channel
you want (at least I interpreted the answer like this).
nope, do you have a link?
Only http://www.opensound.com/, you have to download OSS and compare the
include file with the DFly/FreeBSD one.
patch is for dragonfly, but maybe it's of use for freebsd as well
(thus cc'ed)
Did you ported some of the recent changes to DFly? Anything else we
could get from DFly (some PCI ID's we're missing or whatever)?
nope, we didn't port anything lately.  we might have some changes,
but they are over one year old, at minimum...
There was nearly no development for a 3/4 year. Only in the last months Ariff
put a lot of effort into improving it a lot. We now have 24/32 bit support,
software volume control (for cards where no hw volume control is
implemented), an additional driver (ATI IXP), a lot of bug fixes in existing
drivers and improved locking (ok, this doesn't matter for DFly).
Is there a cvsweb like interface to the source of DFly to be able to quickly
browse for changes, or do I have to search for changes by hand in my local
DFly-repo copy?
Bye,
Alexander.
--