NATA update

Thomas E. Spanjaard tgen at netphreax.net
Sun Dec 3 05:08:47 PST 2006

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    That's great news!  Don't you have it in its own device directory?
    I'd like to see it in the tree sooner rather then later and have it
    selectable via the kernel config.  It's ok if ATA and NATA can't be
    in the kernel at the same time.  This way a larger number of people
    can start playing with and testing it.
It currently lives under sys/dev/nata, and I use it with kmods because I
test on a SCSI system. It works in-kernel just as well ofcourse. In
theory, it should work now for most people (nata, natapci, nataisa,
natadisk, natapicd), I can't test the tape and floppy code though; and I
have yet to finish cleaning up the ataraid code (and the USB code).

It currently coexists with old-ata in the same source tree, but you
can't have them in the same kernel image due to symbol name collisions
(renaming everything is just too much effort for too little gain).

I agree with you that it's time to test it on more hardware, let's get
it going :).

Cheers,
--
        Thomas E. Spanjaard