fishy messages in HEAD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Fri Apr 14 00:49:08 PDT 2006

:...
:
:644, I've changed them back to 666.
:
:I have to add that I did get a panic upon shutdown after the last
:rebuild (incorporating Matt's latest set of changes in sys/kern and
:sys/vfs) but somehow I'm unable to produce a dump on that machine. Now
:that you've mentioned it, I guess the /dev/null issue was due to the
:machine not shutting down properly.
:
:Thanks,
:Sascha
:
:--
:http://yoyodyne.ath.cx

    Did you do a make installworld or make upgrade prior to the crash /
    improper shutdown?

    What I think is happening is that /dev/null gets created 644, then
    chmod'd 666, but the chmod doesn't get synchronized to disk in a timely
    manner.  A normal shutdown ought to sync it, but an abnormal shutdown
    might not.

    What release were you running prior to the update?

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>