panic: VOP_STDCLOSE: BAD WRITECOUNT

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Apr 6 21:56:54 PDT 2006

:..
:> :Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
:> :panic: VOP_STDCLOSE: BAD WRITECOUNT 0xc25ecb70 0
:>
:>     I fixed that last evening.  Try updating again and see if it still
:>     occurs.
:
:Thoguth I had an up-to-date kernel, updated now. Getting a new panic and
:everything.
:
:I am running another dfly instance in qemu when this i happening.
:
:Unread portion of the kernel message buffer:
:panic: getblk: vnode 0xe5eedc50 has no object!
:
:(kgdb) bt
:...

    Ok. I see it.  Sigh.  I think I need to rethink the VMIO intitialization
    a bit.  As a stopgap measure I am going to just unconditionally intialize
    the VM object for UFS files an directories.