nfs v2 client support?

Robert Gordon Robert.Gordon at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 6 21:24:23 PDT 2006

On Apr 6, 2006, at 11:25 AM, rick at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

[Chris wrote]
... (v2 hasn't
been tested yet.)
That brings up a question. I've been very close to scrapping v2
support for
some time now. I can still see an argument for v2 support in the
server,
just for obscure old clients that don't know v3 yet. (Ancient PC-
DOS ones
come to mind, as an example.) I can't think of any reason to keep v2
support in the client.

So, what do folks think. Should v2 support remain in the client?
Interesting idea, anyone using v2 for installs/network boot i wonder ?

-- Robert..