final thoughts - bug tracking system

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Sep 15 07:14:08 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:33:56PM +0000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> Yes, I do.  But it's not "rather than".  The Linux/BitKeeper story
> shows that the "principled" objection *is* a pragmatic objection.

Please, stop comparing Jira's license to BitKeeper's license. The deal
with BitMover was bad from the very beginning and a license I would
never have accepted. (a) It had a clause to force you into accpepting
license changes. (b) It disallowed you proper migration of the data.

Both don't apply here. Even the argument of closed source software not
staying around for ever is mood, since the very same applies to OSS as
well. Are you willing to maintain a big project like this in case of a
bankrupt? I don't.

Joerg