bug tracking system

walt wa1ter at myrealbox.com
Thu Sep 1 12:24:23 PDT 2005

Hiten Pandya wrote:
Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

Does Bugzilla provide an option to allow email based replies back to
the bug report? Or do you have to login and reply via web interface?

I am certain it allows e-mail based replies and CVS integration as well.
I file bug reports on firefox and thunderbird quite often using their
bugzilla website.  Typically, you need to login to file an original
bug report.
Thereafter, when someone responds to your bug, you get an email which
contains the response and a URL which you click on to take you to the
bugzilla website so you can browse the entire thread.
If you then want to respond, you type your response in the 'response'
window and click on 'Submit'.
*If* you are using a browser (like mozilla/firefox) which will save
login ID's and passwords you just click the 'login' button and you are
done.  Very easy!
As far as I know, you cannot just respond to a bugzilla email and
have it posted automatically to your continuing bug report thread.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The whole thing seems to work very well -- but I've never used any
other system so I can't compare them.