Install Log

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Oct 18 00:58:35 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:06:58AM -0400, Adrian Nida wrote:

> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE start including the src tree on installation disks.

Too much bloat almost noone is interested in when downloading the ISO.
You can do that, if you want -- it's just a bit more work.

Simon, Matt, what do you think about making the ISO a multi-session
disk? That would allow simple extensions.

> Compiling a kernel to support your only network card is SO much more difficult
> when there isn't a tree to build from.  I was able to download the source using
> ubuntu.  However, I encounter another problem.  Linux can't r/w ufs drives, and
> DragonFly can't mount ext3 filesystems.

Linux *can* write UFS with the right options, but I would still be
careful. The best common denomitor might be ext2, which should be
implemented by both.

> http://www.labthug.com/DragonFly/InstallLog/

It seems to be an Atheros card. No support yet in either GENERIC or
LINT.

Joerg