request to nuke gx(4)

adrian scriptfu at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 3 01:24:38 PDT 2005

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:

-On [20051002 20:52], Chris Pressey (cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

Try 'man 4 polling' on any 4.11 machine.  There's a mention there.

Ah.  Ok, regardless of the polling 4.11 still kicked 6's butt with polling.

btw, ooc, who is "someone" and do they have any plans to measure NetBSD
as well?

A guy on the #FreeBSD channel on Undernet.
I asked, but I am unsure which NetBSD to ask.  2.0.2 is nice, but 3 has
Release Candidates out and should be focused on I think.

So what was/is the deal with device polling and smp boxes ?
The warnings in the kernel config (FB 5.1) always stopped me.
All my good multi-proc stuff is always in production,
so I never have never witnessed the great evil .