upgrading from stable

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Sat May 28 18:54:54 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 03:13:27AM +0200, Thomas E. Spanjaard wrote:
>George Georgalis wrote:
>>mkdep -f .depend -a    -I/usr/src/sbin/vinum/../../sys -DVINUMDEBUG
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/v.c /usr/src/sbin/vinum/list.c
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/vinumparser.c /usr/src/sbin/vinum/vinumutil.c
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/commands.c
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/vinumparser.c:62: vinumkw.h: No such file or directory
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/vinumutil.c:45: vinumhdr.h: No such file or directory
>>/usr/src/sbin/vinum/vinumutil.c:46: statetexts.h: No such file or directory
>>mkdep: compile failed
>>*** Error code 1
>
>Did you start out with a clean source directory, i.e. no copying of a
>newer/older revision over a newer/older one with, possibly, abandoned
>directories with makefiles which get run erroneously because of
>recursive make?

Well no, I didn't clean. <me wonders if make clean or rm -rf && cvsup
would be faster.> I guess I assumed that between the supfile delete
option,

*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default release=cvs tag=DragonFly_Snap29Sep2004
dragonfly-cvs-src

and the command

cvsup -g -L 2 $compress -b $base -h $host $conf/DFly-src-supfile

the src would be clean enough, even after trying several tags. Sounds
like recursive make is opportunistic, and not explicit -- hadn't really
though about those terms before.  While explicit recursion (ie defined
descends) would make admin easier, I see a lot of annoyances it could
cause development... It occurs to me make clean won't even fix the
problem reliably, I presume rm -rf is the only way?

BTW, make clean doesn't work.....

rm -f  named aclconf.o client.o config.o control.o controlconf.o interfacemgr.o listenlist.o log.o logconf.o main.o notify.o query.o server.o sortlist.o tkeyconf.o tsigconf.o update.o xfrout.o zoneconf.o lwaddr.o lwresd.o lwdclient.o lwderror.o lwdgabn.o lwdgnba.o lwdgrbn.o lwdnoop.o lwsearch.o os.o named.8.gz nsupdate.8.gz named.8.cat.gz nsupdate.8.cat.gz
rm: named: is a directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin/named.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.sbin.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
        1m45.86s real           42.24s user             25.88s sys

// George

--
George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator Linux BSD IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george at xxxxxxxxx