unionfs: anyone working on this?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon May 9 18:48:07 PDT 2005

:Getting more and more tired of FreeBSD's crashes, just curious if anyone
:is currently playing around with the unionfs code in DFly?
:
:Thanks ..
:
:----
:Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (http://www.hub.org)

    I don't think anyone is working on it at the moment.  Want to take a
    shot at it?  It needs a from-scratch rewrite but the rewrite would be
    considerably less complex then the original implementation because it
    would only have to implement the new N*() VOP's instead of the old one's
    and would be able to return the original vnode rather then maintain a
    fake vnode.  There are some minor cache coherency issues with having
    multiple namecache records associated with the same vnode (representing
    different directory paths reaching or going through a particular vnode),
    but I can deal with that when we get to that point.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>