libc changes and freebsd-4 compatible binaries

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon May 2 10:12:03 PDT 2005

-On [20050502 18:42], justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>If we do (1), what happens to folks using pkgsrc?  Right now, the system
>still works if you remove all ports.

We need to make decisions about this on a real short time frame because I am
not going to pour effort into a mechanism that will disappear.  I've already
taken the pkgsrc stuff, but I am a bit scared about the NetBSD centricism
still present in there.  What about the ability to change stuff, any mistake
there results in a *LOT* of architectures/OSes not having a working pkg.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://ashemedai.deviantart.com/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
Audi partem alteram...