pcmcia problems

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Jun 26 07:47:34 PDT 2005

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    It's an interrupt routing problem, which is a known issue with cardbus
    and DragonFly.
    You may be able to make it work by using polling on the network interface.
    Of the three drivers you mention, only the RL driver supports polling.
    This should also theoretically fix the interrupt livelock.
    Build your kernel and modules with DEVICE_POLLING and try to ifconfig
    up the RL interface with polling.
					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
	I think we should compile polling support in unconditionally and
	allow it to be switched on/off at run-time.  One more thing where
	people do not need to recompile the kernel.
	Another thing, don't know how to go about this in code since I
	have not looked at it for a while now; would be to automatically
	fall back to polling mode if driver doesn't work in interrupt
	mode.
	Regards,

						Hiten Pandya