Neural Network Scheduler

Denis Lagno dlagno at rambler.ru
Sun Jul 17 10:54:05 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 01:25:29PM +0200, Sascha Retzki scribed:

> What do you think about a Neural Network Scheduler as described in [1] and
> implemented in [2]?
>
> I like the idea, but did not have the time to test it yet. And honestly,
> I know basicly nothing about scheds or neural networks ;-) ,
> but found it to be interesting. At least worth the look.
>
> [1]: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/nnsched/nnsched.pdf?download
> [2]: http://nnsched.sf.net/

I've just superficially read the paper.
AFAIU this scheduler requires a lot of changes to userland.
For example X Server must report "features" about connected processes to features collector device.

Then, I do not quite understand how features would be propagated to dependant processes.
For example if you listen music via process1 | process2 > /dev/audio
Features of process2 must be somehow propagated to process1

It will be quite messy stuff..  At least OpenBSD guys would not commit it:)