Ctrl-Alt-ESC during boot

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 27 11:38:00 PST 2005

:I don't have this set ...
:
:>     ctl-alt-esc does eventually work if I boot -d and then 'cont', but
:>     you have to realize that the system disables interrupts during early boot
:>     so it won't see a ctl-alt-esc that early in the boot sequence.
:
:This might explain what is going on. The hang occurs in
:autoconf.c/configure() inside the call to spl0().
:
:--
:Chuck Tuffli
:Agilent Technologies

    Inside spl0 means that a pending interrupt unmasked by spl0 is being
    run and is causing the hang.  Presumably it is related to the suspect
    devices.

    I recommend adding some diagnostic printf()'s to the interrupt service
    routines for the device(s) in question, it might help you better diagnose
    where the problem is occuring.

					<dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx>