Kernel panic/dump: ffs_valloc (dup alloc) + request for a leaf account

Steven Looman steven at krx.nl
Thu Jan 27 09:39:13 PST 2005

Hi,

I finally had the change to generate a panic on my box and dump it. It seems
the problem is in ffs_valloc. I saw several other "dup alloc" and "invalid
pages" come by before, but they never caused a panic.

The panic occures after doing "heavy" fileio. A checkout of the source tree
(by doing a cvsup for the first time) caused this panic. I saw it several
times before, but never had the chance to investivate further.

(Relevant) information about the box is running:
Abit BP6 (smp, 2x celeron 500)
128MB ram

Running a stable kernel (stable-iso of yesterday, 26-1-2005), UP, NOT MP!

I'd rather not rape my upstream by putting the core on my own webserver.
Eirik Nygaard suggested I asked for an account on leaf and put the core
there.

Regards,

Steven Looman