RFC: backporting GEOM to the 4.x branch

ALeine aleine at austrosearch.net
Thu Feb 3 14:39:29 PST 2005

dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>     It really seems unlikely that FreeBSD would backport GEOM to the 4.x
>     branch.  They really want to move onto 5.x and 6.x.

I understand that, but I do not want to move to those branches (for similar
reasons you started DragonFly BSD in the first place). I would be willing to
backport GEOM myself. I do not care if it does not get committed to RELENG_4
or anywhere, I want this functionality, primarily because of GBDE and GEOM
GATE. Could you tell me more about your plans regarding GEOM and DragonFly BSD,
I do recall you mentioning in an interview that you want GEOM backported.

ALeine